Coating thickness gauges are a device for measuring coating thickness (any non-metallic, such as paint, putty, primer), applied to a metal base (steel, iron, aluminum alloys, zinc, etc.).
For example, in the following cases:
- Buying a new or used car;
- Checking the car body before repairing dents without painting;
- Checking the thickness during polishing of the paintwork;
- Painting of metal parts or the car body with control of the coating thickness;
- Assessment of cars by insurance companies and car selection specialists;
- Control over the application of fire protective coatings, etc.